Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Ranting and Raving

Okay... who here likes being sick? Anyone? Anyone at all? Speak up now! No one? I am not surprised. I HATE being sick, it is miserable, and it throws off my schedule. Eating, sleeping, homework, thinking, it just wrecks it all. I avoid it if it is at all possible. However, it seems that all of my hard work is being attacked by none other than... the education system.
It does not matter if students are sick, they go to school, infecting the healthy kids. Why go to school when one is sick you ask? Because if the student is absent, they will die from all the difficult make up work that will be PILED on them. For instance, if I miss AP English, not only do I have to make up the work, I also will not be excused from the end of term essay that you do not have to write if you have perfect attendance. Unless I am throwing up repeatedly, I go to school to avoid the stress that comes from MISSING it. It is a vicious cycle. If students were allowed to be sick once in a while, and stay home to get better, we would all do better in school.

1 comment:

Hera Q said...

I agree! I've missed three days of school. I shouldn't have gone today, but I have so much make up work to do already, I really can't afford to miss any more class. It's a very frustrating way of handling things. Unfortunately, the retards who skip school for petty things like a headache ruin it for those of us who are actually sick.