Friday, February 13, 2009

The Biggest News is . . . .

I, Kassidy Ellen Miller, daughter of Kevin and Kimberly Miller... received an email today. An email that brought joy to my heart. That's right. It was from CES Admissions. It told me to check the BYU account for an admissions decision. This is the first line....

Dear Kassi:

The Admissions Committee is delighted to inform you that you have been admitted to Brigham Young University to begin Summer 2009.


I will hold for the applause.

The best part is I got a half tuition academic scholarship, so that means I am super excited.

I will hold for additional applause.

Anyway, that is my exciting news. You all KNOW what I need to post next.

Rise, all loyal Cougars and hurl your challenge to the foe.
You will fight, day or night, rain or snow.
Loyal, strong, and true
Wear the White and Blue.
While we sing, get set to spring.
Come on Cougars, it's up to you!

CHORUS:
So Rise and Shout, the Cougars are out
Along the the trail to fame and glory.
Rise and shout, our cheers will ring out,
As you unfold your vict'ry story.
On you go to vanquish the foe
For Alma Mater's sons and daughters.
As we join in song, in praise of you, our faith is strong.
We'll raise our colors high in the blue,
And cheer our Cougars of BYU.

8 comments:

KandK said...

I am so proud of you!!!!!! You have worked all of your life for this! Way to go!!! Dreams do come true!!

jessica said...

GO Kass!! How wonderful, you will be an awesome cougar! I'm even more impressed you know the fight song.

Audrey said...

Good job kass! This is what you have worked your whole life for! You'll be fabulous! Good luck! I love you!

Suzie said...

Ummm... Congrats?? J/K I really am happy for you! Can I ask a stupid q? I thought you got free tuition since your dad worked there... is that not the case or the half tuition will help with housing??? I'm way out of the loop here...

Kassi said...

I get half tuition from my dad. The other half is an academic scholarship.

Tiphaine Brewer said...

APPLAUSE!!!!!Congrats! I'm super proud of you...but when did you get old enough to go to college?!?!

Where's Grandma said...

Hip Hip Rooray! Our congratulations to you, Kassi. Another one of our goals has been met. Keep up the good work.
Our love to you.
Grandma and Grandpa Nelson

Kassi said...

Thanks everyone, and Tiph, it was kinda just a gradual thing.