Thursday, February 19, 2009

Journalism Conference

Yes, I know it is hard to top my last post, and quite frankly, I am not going to claim that this one will. It won't. Sorry. I sincerely apologize. However, this is kinda exciting.
I went to the same journalism conference I went to last year when I won first place for Best Column. This year, I won second place for Best News Story. The ironic thing is, I wrote that article in approximately twenty-five minutes. I watched a play, not knowing that I would have to review it, and a few days later, my teacher asked me to review it. I was like WHAT?! I DIDN'T EVEN WATCH IT TO REVIEW IT!!! I CAN'T DO IT!!! She made me write. I was not going to submit it, but I was like, what the heck, I'll just throw it in there. When they said my name I was like... seriously?! Anyway, click RIGHT HERE to view the article.
Oh, and a little info for ya, there were over two hundred and fifty entries for these things... so... yeah. I guess second place was pretty sweet.

P.S. Miss Baker said I had to post about it, because I am supposed to brag about these sort of things.

3 comments:

Torrie said...

I love Miss Baker she is right you are supposed to brag about these things, good job Kass

Hera Q said...

I think I read that article in the Chronicle. Either that or you showed it to me already.

Kassi said...

It was in the chronicle