Wednesday, November 19, 2008

DC Part 2

Okay! Here is part two! I've decided that I am going to post pix and explanations of the days first, and after the pix are done, I'll post funny stories about what happened while I was there!

Monday morning we went to the Thomas Jefferson Memorial. We broke off into our workshops. (I was Bus 1 Workshop 2), and we talked about Jefferson, his views, and his significance. Then we got to walk around and look at the quotes. Afterward we discussed what we thought Jefferson's opinion would be on current issues.




Here's Mr. Thomas Jefferson himself, with one of his quotes behind him; on a side note, some of the quotes were from the constitution.






This is Taylor (my roommate) and me in front of Thomas Jefferson! She didn't realize how short I am until this point, because she was standing next to me with her arm around me, it became glaringly obvious, especially since she is tall.








The Air and Space Smithsonian Museum was a blast (pun intended, haha)! Here is a pretty spiffy astronaut space suit... I just thought it was a great intro to the museum!!









Look... I am holding up the moon w/ my head! Ha ha ha!! Yeah, I wanted to be underneath it and have it on my back... but I'm kinda short... so it wasn't working very well, so I settled for my head.





So this is kinda what old seats in airplanes used to look like. Freaky, huh? Actually, planes used to be considered to be so dangerous, that some actors actually had a clause in their contract that said they could not ride a plane while working on the movie. Eventually they became popular, obviously...




Okay, it is hard to tell... but this is the Franklin D Roosevelt Monument, I thought it was pretty cool... we walked through four "rooms," but they weren't really rooms...






This is a statue of the bread line ... it's from the Great Depression.








There was a series of waterfalls in each "room" each one more magnificent than the last... this is the third or fourth. My camera gave out... so I'm not sure.






This is Wednesday morning... I forgot my camera on Tuesday... so I'll post pix when I get them from someone else. Anyway, there was no vanity mirror, so Taylor and I took pictures of each other's hair in order to see if it was done in the back.





Just to give you a taste of what's to come... This is the Capitol building *under a bit of construction to prepare it for Jan. 20th* I had a tour of it... and I took a ton of pix!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey its mike, cool stuff dc looks asome. ps thanks for the invite