Sunday, May 17, 2009

AP Testing End of Year Update #2

Warning, there are no pictures in this post, and I understand if you skim.
Okay, so I am usually not the person who freaks out over tests. I go ballistic over projects, but tests are no problemo for me anyway. However, a three hour test, two of which are spent writing essays, seemed slightly overwhelming to me. A two hour Psychology test freaked me out even more because I didn't feel as prepared. I will document the experiences in two orderly paragraphs.
AP English Literature and Composition was a class that we endearingly called AP English, The Heart of Darkness, and many other terms. I have very ambivalent feelings about that class. On one hand, that class was more work than I even want to think about. I probably wrote 9.89373832 billion essays in that class. We analyzed ever piece of literature that we read to DEATH. I have a very comprehensive knowledge about Shakespeare's Macbeth now, considering I wrote around six to seven essays on it. Mrs. Earl was pretty tough on us taht way. However, by the time it came to take the test, I wasn't stressing out while I was taking it. Writing three essays in two hours? Meh, more of an annoyance than a reason to freak out. I really learned to whip out a decent essay in that class in a very short amount of time. I loved the actual class though. We have a ton of fun together, and we have a bunch of inside jokes about EVERYTHING. For any of you 2008-2009 AP English kids that may some day read this, You wanna ride bikes?
AP Psychology was a really interesting. Coach Rockwood made it way fun, but still taught us a lot at the same time. It was really cool to learn about how my brain & mind work. We learned about different psychologists, and I decided that Freud was CRAZY! Wayne Robbins and I were study buddies in that class. I honestly and truly believe I would not have done as well without him in the class, thanks Wayne!! I don't know how well I did on the test, but the multiple choice part seemed a lot easier than the practice tests I took. Maybe that was just becauseI was crazy, and I really missed everything. I guess I will find out in July!! Overall, I really, really enjoyed the class, adn I hope I did well on the test.

2 comments:

Torrie said...

I hope you passed, that would be awesome. My older sister took AP English that was enough for me to know not to take it, yikes. She was loving all the credit she got when she passed it though that was awesome, you are so smart.

Hera Q said...

I think Mrs. Earl would murder you if she read this post. Honestly, how can you type a paragraph about AP Literature and make that many spelling errors? ;) Love ya!