Sunday, September 28, 2008

Reverting to Childhood

Okay, I recently have had an obsession with TV shows/Movies from my childhood. For example, I DVR Gargoyles so I can watch it even though it is on at 2:30 AM. I am currently obsessed with Disney Cartoons. I can't get enough of Hercules! I keep quoting random phrases such as the following:
"He comes on with his big, innocent farm boy routine, but I could see through that in a Peloponnesian minute. "
"So did they give you a name along with all those rippling pectorals?"
"I'm a damsel, I'm in distress, I can handle this. Have a nice day."
"I'm a big tough girl. I tie my own sandals and everything."
"Are you always this articulate?"
"Somebody call IX-I-I!!"


Okay, so along with my quoting fetish, I randomly burst into song all of the time!!! My poor family... I really can't sing, so I have no idea how they are handling this. Sometimes it is Disney, sometimes it is Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Rascal Flats, it really doesn't matter, I'm just singing all of the time! I think I may be going crazy!!

Anyway, back to the point of the post... What were some of your favorite childhood TV shows/Movies, cartoon characters... Anyone like Power Rangers?!

4 comments:

Gbf said...

I don't ever remember watching power rangers. The show I do remember was Captain Planet. But I don't remember watching it all that much. For me, the show I would watch were the old shows that most people have never heard of like Petticoat Junction, Adam 12, or the Andy Griffith Show.
As far as movies, I have always liked John Wayne and Disney Movies. As for a specific movie, I don't know if there is one that I would always watch.

Kassi said...

I also have quite the obsession with reality shows. Amazing Race, Survivor, and Biggest Loser are my favorites
Oh, and I LOVE the Office!!

BreeAnn said...

You have a fine voice, kass. I've heard you use it enough to be qualified to say that...tee hee. I like the one about the pectorals...remind you of Brandon too? :D lol. I remember My Little Pony and Jackie Chan and the GOOD Power Rangers...I also watched Pokemon and YUGIO (yes, it is necessary to capitalize that!!!)I'm not ashamed to admit it...You know, "One Saturday Morning" was big in my house with Recess and Pepper Anne and HEY Arnold...Fun stuff and fond memories! As for movies I've been craving, it must be your subconscious influence at work...I've been dying to watch Hercules. Also, I've been craving chick flicks like Runaway Bride and You've Got Mail...yeah. It's killing me. Worst thing is that even if I had the movies, no one over here would want to watch them with me...I miss you, Kassi friend! (Even if you and Heather are TERRIBLE at talking during movies...) I would put up with so much more if I could just teleport to Utah and watch even ONE movie with you, insane, annoying comments and all. LOVE AND A MILLION BAJILLION HUGS!!!

Kassi said...

LOL!! I've been dying for a chick flick! But there is no point in watching them alone. Sense and Sensibility!!!!! How about Somewhere in Time, Bree? Lol, I have a terrible voice you little liar you!!!! Oh, and yes, it reminds me of Brandon.