Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Future

I'm so excited to graduate. I have my countdown, I think about it all of the time, and college, wow, THAT excites me. However, lately I've been thinking about the scary part. Money. There is a crazy amount of stuff we have to worry about. Housing, food, tuition, insurance, clothes, car, gas, taxes. It is insane, and quite frankly, terrifying!
I've also been thinking about the election, even though I can't vote. This is such an important election! The country is in such bad shape right now, the new president could make or break our futures. I mean come on, with the stock market, and Bush's 700 billion dollar plan, our country is/will be in some major debt! Along with half of America! It is scary to think that social security won't be around for us, even if we have to pay, and there is talk of another depression, talk of war. That's some scary stuff. It makes me wonder how different life will be for me and my future family in comparison to my life now. I guess all I can do is work hard in college, so I can have a good job. Anyway, that is all I have to say about that right now. Anyone else freaking out about the future, or is it just me?

2 comments:

Gbf said...

Yes, I think about the future all the time.
I find my self thinking about what collage to go to, how much I can spend on collage, where will I get the money, what about a car, what about insurance for a car. What about a job, do I have the skills now to get a good enough job to pay for collage so that I can stay out of dept. Where can I get a job. After I come back from my mission I will still have the knowledge I need to get a good job and get into collage.
I have been lucky in that I have a job now that has allowed me to gain experience and a bit of money to pay for collage and my mission. But after my mission there will not be much left.

I tend to worry about the possibility of an upcoming war, where they reinstate the draft, and I will have to go fight somewhere.

Of course I think about the future. I think about it all the time. Infect I probably think about it to much.
I can only plan for tomorrow, and hope that the decisions and plans I make today will influence my future in a way that I can look back and be happy about.

A few things that we need to remember.
First, we should strive to make each day the best it can be. In other words, live for today, and tomorrow will take care of its self.
Second, we can trust in those that came before to guide us thought the hard times.
And third, we can and should trust in the fact that the savior will be there with us every step of the way.

Kassi said...

Well put! It is too often that we get so caught up in everything that we keep the Savior out of the equation. I think that is something that everyone can work on.