Sunday, March 22, 2009

General Update and Sweethearts Picture... Finally, I know... seriously

Long overdue... I know. Sweethearts was well over a month ago. We all know I am REALLY bad at posting pictures. Didn't I post Sweethearts pictures after Prom last year? I'm improving!! Well, actually Prom last year was like... mid March, so not really. Whatever. In my world it works. So... if you read my Mom's blog you already saw pictures of us eating dinner and desert. Then we played games... but here is the official picture... yay!

Isn't it adorable? In case any of you were wondering, that is Tyler. But if you have done ANY sort of reading on my blog, you would know I went to Sweethearts with Tyler, wouldn't you?! That's right, I thought so. I had a great time. The other couple was Wayne and Meagan, but again, if you read my mother's post she has pix of them too. Oh, and Audrey curled my hair. She hates it when I don't tell people that I pretty much make her do that all the time.

Moving on to Skiing. I went with one of my dad's coworkers. Brother Lords. He is a partial owner of Powder Mountain up by Ogden, so he took me, Audrey, and Zach. I had a fantastic time. HERE is my mom's post w/ video commentary... yay. I was pretty good at balancing by the end of the day... but I had a hard time turning. The #1 rule was if we started going to fast, or felt out of control sit down. Simple, right? I am so bad at rules sometimes. There was this one stupid hill. I felt nauseous at this point, and I just wanted to sit down; however, I had to get to the bottom of the hill. I tried to turn, it didn't work. I started to go really fast,but I thought I was in control. I tried to slow down, yeah, that didn't work so well. I tried to stop, nope, not working so well. First I kinda crouched down a bit more, and I went even faster... which I knew would happen, but I saw some kid doing it, so I thought maybe it would help me have a little more control and be able to stop or something, I dunno. Once I realized that I definitely needed to stop soon I tried to stop while standing. Ha! So not working! So I remembered that I was supposed to sit down. That is where it was kinda tricky. I over think EVERYTHING. So I thought, I could sit down, but I would keep sliding on my rear, and probably hit someone before I can roll over. Or I can just fall on my side, which might hurt a little bit more. So, I contemplated that for a few seconds while going WAY too fast. (Brother Lords was yelling at me to sit down, but I could only hear him yelling something, I couldn't tell WHAT he was saying, because I was too far down that stupid hill). Anyway, eventually I decided to just fall on my side, one of my skis ripped off my boot, but was unharmed, and eventually I stopped. Another time, I don't remember which, I actually ran over my ski that came off, and my leg now has the bruise to prove it. All in all, I had a fabulous time, and I would love to try it again sometime.

Now for Macbeth. Due to the fact that my father did not feel up to it, I got to go with my little brother Zach to see it up at BYU. FABULOUS!! Macbeth is actually one of my favorite plays *side note, my favorite play is Phantom of the Opera which we saw this summer with the traveling Broadway cast, OH MY GOSH IT WAS AMAZING, but I believe I posted briefly about that sometime*. Yeah, it is kinda dark with the whole evil bit, but I think it is just showing that evil can consume your life if you allow it too. Honestly, it is showing how evil RUINS your life. Actually, that is a theme in half the things we read in AP English. Anyway. We had great seats, fifth row up, exactly in the center. Thanks Mom and Dad! They set Macbeth in MesoAmerica, kinda a Book of Mormon twist. Instead of Thane of Glames and Thane of Cawdor, it was Judge of Glames, and Judge of Cawdor. Macbett instead of Macbeth, stuff like that. It was excellent. There were a few changes, but I absolutely loved it. I had to explain to Zach what was going on some of the time, but heck, it was Shakespeare, he's 12, of course he's going to need some explaination. I know I did when I read it in AP English.

Okay, last of all, but not least of all... of course. The Draper Temple dedication. It was really nice to be able to go, I was exhausted, and it probably LOOKED like I was sleeping half the time. But I really was listening... in an exhausted sort of way. The speakers were great, the temple was gorgeous *yes, I went to the Open House, twice*, and the prayer was amazing. Side note... when we handed Zach the Kleenex/Hankerchief he almost wiped his nose... HAHA, I told him, No! That was not what it was for in this particular instance.

Anyway, that is my general update. If you read this, you might as well comment, you made it through the really long post, and it would be nice to know that SOMEONE appreciates these updates.

3 comments:

BreeAnn said...

I APPRECIATE YOUR UPDATES!!! Jealous you got to go to sweethearts...and the Draper temple...sigh. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL TWO WEEKS IS UP!!!!! GAH!!!!!!!!

Torrie said...

oh, so you did like skiing, it seemed like maybe you do not in the video commentary, looks like a great day and what a great guy to take you guys, I'm glad you liked it, cute picture too, but I guess you know that since I have already seen it, cute couple, now that is something I didn't say before.....are you still a couple?

jessica said...

I'm glad you're alive after your skiing experience. It's amazing how a few seconds can seem like forever. Too bad we couldn't snatch you away. Will and I are going to the opera in a few weeks. I think you would enjoy it. I know Macbeth is no opera, but same idea.