Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"Um, can I have my cart back??"


I haven't posted in a few days, so I figured I'd post a funny little story from our adventure in Sam's club. As you may have guessed from the previous sentence, we went to Sam’s Club today to taste samples, and pick out food for the 3-day vegetation in front of the projector after Christmas. We went to the bathroom (we being Audrey, Emily, Zach, the two neighbors Jolene (8, Emily’s BEST friend), and Damaris (12, her big sister), and me). Emily and Jolene got out before the rest of us. They were kinda tired, so they were resting on a practically empty cart, when I say resting, I mean they had their arms in the cart while they were leaning on it. Damaris was standing a few feet away. Suddenly, a man walked up and stood very close to Jolene, tapped her on the arm and said, “Can I have my cart back?” They hopped off and ran into the bathroom to tell us the story. I thought it was really funny, the looks on their faces were priceless. Maybe it was one of those you had to be there moments, but I had a good laugh.

1 comment:

Wilkinsons said...

That's hilarious!! I have a funny story about shopping carts. Jeff & I were shopping with some friends at Harmon's in SLC. They had Pepsi on sale so we filled up the cart. Then we realized that we didn't want to push it around so we left it up front and finished shopping. We came back up to get our cart and an "older" man was checking out our cart full of pop. He decided to take some and then also grabbed our coupon that was sitting on the top. We were laughing so hard because our cart was like 3 feet from a huge stack of pop. Again, it's probably something that you had to be there for.