Monday, October 20, 2008

Everything happens for a reason, even if I am the reason.

Lately I've been trying to have the attitude, "Everything happens for a reason." Sometimes I just get so convinced that if I fail it is because I didn't do enough. I often think that the problem is entirely with me. Sometimes things do or don't happen because things were meant to be a different way, and I need to learn how to accept that, which of course, I am working on. However, I think it is also important to realize that sometimes I am the reason. Too many times people don't take responsibility for their actions, and when they fail they blame it on something else. For example, I'm applying to BYU soon, and I may, or may not be accepted. *crosses fingers* If I'm not, I have to take responsibility for not working hard enough to get in, but at the same time, I need to realize that if I did my best, it probably wasn't meant for me to go there. Ahh... the joys of being a senior. Anyone else freaking out about applications?

No comments: